What is it?
- Continuing Health Care is a package of care which is provided and funded by the National Health Service. A person can be found eligible for NHS Continuing Health Care if they can establish that they have a primary health need rather than a social need.
“My sister and I would like to thank you and NewLaw for the professional, friendly and courteous service that you have provided over the 4 years that have elapsed in bringing the matter to its conclusion.”
Client from Middlesex
Individuals who believe they should have an assessment of eligibility for NHS Continuing Healthcare funding are being advised to contact their Clinical Commissioning Group urgently.
For current cases the following time limits will be introduced:
- for an individual or their representative to seek review of a decision with regard to eligibility for NHS CHC funding by the responsible NHS body at a local level; this time limit should be no later than 6 months from the date that the notification of the eligibility decision is given to the individual;
- a time frame for the responsible NHS body to deal with a request for a local review. This should be within 3 months of receipt of the request;
- a time limit for requesting an Independent Review through NHS England or responsible NHS body. This time limit should be no later than 6 months following notification of the responsible body’s decision; and
- a time frame for the Independent Review to be conducted, which should be within 3 months of the request.
Don't miss out, for further information please contact us on 0333 003 1909 or complete our Enquiry Form and a member of the team will contact you.
NHS Continuing Health Care Questionnaire
Click here to download our 'Online NHS Continuing Health Care Questionnaire'.
Let us assess your potential claim for NHS Continuing Care funding today.